Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Lions Den

My buddy Rob. He rents a room in the same house I do. His love for Jesus is surpassed only by. . .well actually nothing. He rocks. Rob brought some kids from his church's student's ministry over to the house tonight (Lions Den they call it). We watched Legend of Zoro (Fun movie). It's cool to see Rob's heart for people. He's always around to help bring my world back into focus, even if he doesn't know what he's doing. Anyway, we had a great time tonight.

I was reading my Bible tonight, and came across the early part of John 13 just before Jesus washes His disciples' feet: 'Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under His power, and that He had come from God and was returning to God'. I got to thinking about that in terms of my attitude toward the leadership roles I am in. If I truly believed who's in control, where I came from, and where I'm ultimately going, does humbling myself as much as Jesus did really seem that difficult? Just a thought that came to mind. I'd never noticed that verse before. But don't take my word for it, read it yourselves!

Okay, not the most exciting post, but I'm getting the hang of it, and hopefully there will be something worth reading soon. ;)

1 comment:

Robert Kryder said...

whattya mean he doesn't know what he is doing? And why am I not worth writing about? You know how much I like to read about myself.