Sunday, March 19, 2006

Counting Our Chickens


















We had chicks last year at this time, and this year is no different. Once they're out in the yard with the others, we'll have a total of 13 chickens. They're cute. Cuteness should be preserved.

I've begun to eat away at the elephant that is the messes within all the little storage areas in my room. I can keep my room pretty clean, but it usually comes at the expense of my closet and cubby holes; which are now full of things that I probably should have gotten rid of a long time ago. So my file drawer is now properly organized and bills and paperwork are no longer strewn across the top of my dresser. Next comes cleaning out all the plastic grocery bags I have saved up over the past three years. Then maybe all my gear will finally fit in my closet instead of hidden behind furniture!

I heard a sermon on James chapter 3 today (in case you don't know, James 3 is about taming the tongue). Dan gave us a new way to look at the chapter, which I think make more sense than what I've heard before. I can't really do it justice but I tell you how to get what he said for yourelves: read the first verse. Then, read the entire rest of the chapter, and I do mean the entire chapter, in context to that first verse. James is talking to those who suppose themselves to be teachers. Kind of interesting. I'd never thought of that before.

No comments: