Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Gave Up Coffee for Lent

I could have gotten coffee this morning from my favorite coffee shop. Tabitha's comment the other day, however was enough to keep me from using money I hadn't set aside for such a purpose (thanks a lot Tabs ;). I discovered too late that I hadn't made my own coffee this morning as has been my custom the past couple of months (it's a lot cheaper than getting an espresso every day). So I grabbed my ibuprofin and headed to work without coffee for the first time in probably a couple of months. The results were not pretty. All work and no coffee make Nate a very dull boy. Fortunately, the pain killers made the day bearable, and I'll probably sleep better for it (the other reason I didn't have coffee today was the fact that the last couple of nights I had been sleeping very poorly). I thought of staging a picture of what I look like without coffee, and then realized that I didn't want to be kicked off Blogger. ;)

So this Saturday will be interesting. First, I have a rehearsal at church in Boring from 8:30 to 9:30. Then I run all the way of to Flute Fair at Aloha High School to perform with Rose City Flute Choir. Then I'll be doing a little volunteering and a little looking around, and hopefully pick up a few items (don't worry, they'll be in the budget ;). After that, I get to run back to church to play with worship team! From one end of the Portland Metropolitan Area to the other and back again all in one day! Hmmm... I think it was Bob Dorsey who said that men thrive under a certain amount of stress. Well, we shall see.

2 comments:

Tabs said...

Nate, I'm glad I could be of some help. Trust me, sometimes I hold up my fist and shout "Curses to FPU!" But then I remember why I'm doing it and that it is actually helping and I repend for cursing FPU. Basically, I feel you pain buddy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate, it's Tracy from church (old onepointthree friend), it's amazing to me how many people have blogs; I could spend my whole day reading up on friends lives! Glad you posted on Mel's blog, so I have now added you to my list of friends blogs to check regularly.
I was glad to see you posted the name of your intrument this weekend on your blog, my brother asked me at church what it was and I didn't know. I will email him right now: penny whistle.