Friday, March 24, 2006

Chickens and Easter





So Marylin picked up six more chickens and a rooster. It really is amazing to see how big the older chicks are compared to the new ones, and they're only a week older! We'll have lots of eggs come August when they'll all start laying (all but the rooster of course. He'll be crowing, and my room is the closest to the chicken yard!). Chickens seem to take a long time to grow up, especially when they get big enough to jump around and fly short distances, but aren't big enough to be out from under the heat lamp. That's the time when they can be fun at times, but also they can be just plane annoying and darn right dangerous (hmm that sounds like a certain age group af whom I am no longer a member of...and thankfully so ;). But actually, they grow up in no time flat. In another week, they'll have doubled in size and weight from what they are now! Assuming all of them survive to maturity (mortality is a possibility when dealing with these animals) we will have twenty chickens out in the chicken yard this summer!


If only chickens could be smart, like chicken little here. He's always saying yes to my crazy ideas.








I had an eventfull week. I started rehearsing with the Easter Orchestra at church on Tuesday. Every year is different, and this year, we're playing some fun music, but we're not playing vary much. It's been a big part of the services in the past, so it's exciting to see what's going to happen this year. Anyway, earlier that day, a young lady came into my work with her mother to get her oboe fixed. Her mom said that her daughter had a "band thing" that night. Well, I'm sitting in rehearsal, and Bruce, our worship leader looks to the door, and exclaims, "There's our oboe player!" And who should it be but the very same girl, sho promptly recognized me! Funny things happen at big churches like mine. You run into people outside of church who have been going for years, and you don't even know it until something like this happens.



So here is part of the orchestra. We're an exciting bunch...






Then, I discovered that I was playing penny whistle with the worship team next weekend! Everybody seemed to know but me. How come I'm always the last person to know these things?

Thursday, I reheased with the Rose City Flute Choir. We have a performance at Flute Fair next Saturday. Which means, I'll be performing at Flute Fair, which is in Aloha, and then heading out to church, which is in Boring, to play for worhship. That is going to be a busy day, but should make for an interesting post. :) By for now.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Hey Nate... Nice blog... I put a link from mine to yours...
Have a great day...