Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Walupt Lake Part III

So, now that I can load pictures again, here's the rest of the story:

The next morning, Andrea and I arose early (actually, I arose early and fixed coffee, and then she got up ;). Then, we each had a granola bar and headed off for Walupt Creek. I hiked there a couple of years ago, and have never before or since seen a creek with water so clear. So I was happy to be taking Andrea to see this, considering last year, the creek was dry.

When we got to the far side of the lake, we stopped and had some breakfast and just looked out across the water...
















After that, we headed off to the creek. Crossing the creek with Kirby was a bit of a trick...















Two years ago, while hiking up here with my dad, I found a waterfall tucked away in the woods just off the trail. It's pretty nice, but you can't get a good angle on it safely. Just feet from where this picture was taken, there is a long drop.





















We got back just after noon, and took a long nap before having some lunch and heading over to my uncle's camp site to visit my folks and my aunt and uncle. Then, Andrea and I went out on my uncle's raft and rowed around for a about an hour. I rowed out to the far side of the lake, and the we motored back in.

It was the end of a long, but fantastic day...



















We went home the next day. We stopped in Trout Lake, and got burgers and huckleberry milkshake and huckleberry pie. It was goooooood. :P Along the way, we stopped and took more pictures. Here's us after three days camping!


3 comments:

♥Carrie~Margaret♥ said...

looks like a pretty sweet place to hike and venture out Nate Bug! Way flippin sweet!

Anonymous said...

EMAIL.....HOW ARE YOU? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO?
ALA

Sean said...

Those pictures are pretty. That is a beautiful lake.