Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Garden Color

Just thought I'd show off the 'garden' to everyone. These are pictures of the roses we have growing on our deck as well as the peas, lettuce, tomatoes and herbs.


This rose is called French Perfume. This rose plant has been the biggest of them all since we started collecting them. It also makes the biggest flowers, and the most fragrant.















This one is called Midas Touch. It was sick earlier in the season but it has recovered nicely.














This is the Veteran's Honor rose. It has a great red flower that is perfect for cutting and surprising my wife at work with. :)














Here's a view of the whole deck and beyond. Lettuce is on the left, and herbs are straight in front. The peas are a just on the other side of the herbs. They're working on growing up the string you see in the picture. Not a big crop of peas this year, but enough for a few salads and the occasional snack!












Mom and baby are doing great. She's having Braxton-Hicks contractions now which is encouraging to her. It means baby wants to come out too!

I don't think I've posted this yet, but I've been taking a summer class at Clark College. Andrea has always wanted to operate a quilt shop, and I'm taking a small business management class to learn how to do it. It's exciting! I'm learning a lot and hope we can put our plan into action some day.

2 comments:

Mare said...

Wow, you're being ambitious and gracious to Andrea for taking that class. Way to go! Hope it works out someday, if in God's will. Glad to hear baby wants to come out too! I like the Midas Touch...although I am partial to yellow since my childhood bedroom was mostly yellow.

♥Carrie~Margaret♥ said...

Such beautiful flowers Wallaces.. :) im sure they indeed do smell lovely!
it makes me want to paint roses now though i have been working on painting hyrdrangias for our local fair.
i will pray that if God opens the door for your business to open that it does indeed.. that would be cool!!
much love always to you three.. well four counting Kerby.