Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Retreat!! Retreat!!




I know, I'm late with this post. I'm sharing some of the pictures that other people have taken. The retreat couldn't have gone any better. Amy and Carrie did a fantastic job getting everything set up, and putting up with Sean and I. It was a great time of sharing and meditating on what the Lord has done in our lives. For me, it was a serious time of reflection. I think, ten years from now, I will be looking back on this weekend as one of the defining moments in my life.

Saturday started out on a discouraging note. Life just felt like it was pressing down on me from all directions. I got up and made an early morning Safeway run to get some coffee and bananas. Then I made some breakfast. I then crashed for a little while before trying to fly my kites. Unfortunately, there was no wind. That was a bummer, so I went back to have a pity party. I soon grew tired of that, and felt the strongest urge to get out of the house and do something. So I left and found a trail to hike. This was a time of soul searching. I've never examined my life in such a way before. I came back with a renewed sense of not only who I am, but where I'm going. That has been a crucial ingredient missing in my life until now. But, now is not the time to talk about that. Now is the time to show you some pictures from the trip. These are all stolen from Carrie's and Sean's blogs as I left my camera behind by mistake. By the time I got back to the house, there was a steady wind, so I was able to put all three kites in the air. Thanks to Sean for the kite pictures.





1 comment:

♥Carrie~Margaret♥ said...

i will always be a good one to put up with anyone silly goose. i love you for you always nate bug! that was a flippin sweet breakfast you had made all of us.. and it was fun indeed when the wind caught your kites. i hope you have a great rest of the week and im sure i'll see you soon. God bless & love ya ><>