Monday, January 21, 2008

Yet Another Frozen Lake



This week, we tackled Trillium Lake. We got up to the sno-park early again, but this time we weren't the first one's there. It was COLD! The wind was bringing the perceived temperature well below freezing. Of course the blowing snow didn't help us feel any warmer either. In all, it put something of a damper on an otherwise gorgeous day. We made it to the lake and turned around and headed home, stopping at Paris Cafe again for lunch (no Joe's this week though). One really good coffee place we stopped at was called Mt. Hood Coffee Roasters. Great coffee! I recommend it for anyone on there way to the mountain and needs a place along the way for coffee.




Here are Kirby and Andrea, all bundled up.







































I thought I'd add one random picture to this post: this is the quilt that Andrea and I made for my parents for Christmas. I think it's the biggest and brightest quilt she's ever made. That made five total quilts on the year! My wife is a rock star!!

6 comments:

♥Carrie~Margaret♥ said...

i love trillium lake in the summer never really seen until now of course what it looks like in the winter.. WOW! very very pretty!! the QUILT!! DOUBLE WOW!! those look like my new watercolors i have been using.. BRIGHT! & SHARP! i love it!! im sorry i didn't comment on your other entry about the size of the little one now.. but i keep on praying for the little one to grow & be healthy! so TRIPLE WOW on the 1 1/2 inch baby!! SWEEEEEEET! i love y'all! & God bless y'all too!

Tiana said...

Congrats on the little news about the little one growing inside! :)

Aimee B. said...

I love the colors in the quilt. Such an accomplishment! It's beautiful!

Mare said...

At least you got to see Trillium lake in the snow...it is so pretty, I think anytime of the year. I've only been there once but loved it.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad you two are keeping busy. Nothing like quilting, hiking/ snowshoeing and growing a baby to keep you hopping! :-)

HUGS! Mary

Ames said...

Ok... Wher are your bloggs. Hope all is well.... And you still the murphy's a PIZZA... LOL LOL