Monday, January 28, 2008

From the Frozen Tundra


Just got back last night from a three night trip to Minnesota. It was COLD! The temperature when we arrived was a balmy nothing degrees. I don't think I've experienced temperatures that cold before. Why were we in Minnesota in January? Andrea's friend Nate(not me) was getting married, and the bride's family is all in the Minneapolis area. So off we went to see Nate get married. We arrived late Thursday evening, and after some adventures with getting the rental car, we made it to our hotel in Shakopee just after it became Friday. The next day was play day! What do you do in Minneapolis in January? You go to the Mall of America! The place is big: three stories tall, and each story alone is bigger than any mall in the Portland area! Plus, there's an amusement park in the middle with three roller coasters and other rides! It's BIG!!


Here we are, standing in front of the courtyard amusement park.














We also visited the Legos Store. I'm glad Sean and Murray weren't around, because we would have morphed into eight-year-old boys on the spot. ;)
Both of these (plus the statue above) are made completely of Legos! There were tons more of them!




















I want the kit for this one!

















As you may know, I love Way of the Master Radio. Well, their studios are in Minneapolis, and I was able to pay a visit. It was a lot of fun to talk to all the people about how the show is put together, and how their end of the ministry works (they're also in charge of putting together conferences and seminars). I came during the show, but I was able to talk to Todd (the host) and Tony (the co-host). James gave me the tour, and Joel talked about several things he's involved with in the ministry. To find out who I'm talking about, go to the WOTMR website. I've posted the link in the side bar.


Here's David (aka, "Hip Hop") doing his production duties during the show.















And here I am with Todd (left) and Tony.




More later, I've gotta scoot.

2 comments:

Mare said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Minnesota, and even getting to play at the Mall of America. I would love to go there someday if I could, and to also see some of Minnesota. I hope you stayed warm in that COLD balmy weather. Nice to have you back safe and sound, too.

♥Carrie~Margaret♥ said...

OH MY GOSH!! How cool are those Giant LEGOS!! WOOHOO! i used to play with them a ton!! well, them and GI Joes.. SWEEEET! move over Mur & Sean.. im playing with them! How fun you three got to go there!! Pretty cool being able to visit The way of the Master studios.. Sweeeet on that too! im happy y'all made it back safe and sound too!! hope to see y'all soon also!! Much love to ya three :)