Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hard at Work and at Play


I thought I'd give you an update on life in general. Work has gotten pretty busy in recent days. That's good, cause I don't like running out of things to do since I'm easily distracted. It's fun too. I sold a $1,000 digital piano the other day. I've never sold anything that expensive before! It was cool!!

This past weekend, I played at the Grotto for their Festival of Lights. I also helped Andrea take care of her two nephews (see 'My Turn for Cute Nephews'). Her nephews couldn't be more different. Preston is VERY strong-willed. Aidon is happy-go-lucky, and is quite satisfied as long as he has his sippy cup close by.

I have a concert with the Rose City Flute Choir tomorrow night at Westside United Methodist Church in Beaverton. It's not far from Nike. This will be last one of the season. In the spring, we'll be performing Peter and the Wolf with the HART Community Theater in Hillsboro. It's supposed to be the grand openning of their new theater building. It sounds way cool. I haven't played for a musical since high school.

What's everybody planning for Christmas? I'm headed to Tacoma to be with my parents and extended family on Dad's side. Andrea is coming with me, Lord willing. It'll be complicated to plan out, but I think we can make it work.

In the mean time, the next two Mondays for me are wide open, so Andrea and I are going snowshoeing. We went last year and had a blast. Here are some pictures:





































We went to White River last year, but that's probably not an option this time around (besides, the crowds were kind of overwhelming). I have a book of snowshoe routes, so I should be able to find something fun. Plus, we rented the snowshoes, and we weren't really impressed with the style, so we both bought our own this year in the traditional style.

No comments: