Sunday, April 05, 2009

A Tale of Two Suby's

We've been coming out from under the rock that rolled over us last month (or should I say, hit us from behind?). Order is slowly beginning to take shape in our lives once more, and best of all, the sun is coming out!










We headed to Cannon Beach for our anniversary last weekend, and Caleb got to see the ocean for the first time. He was fascinated despite the cold, windy weather. He hates being outside in a cold wind, so the fascination was short lived, but we got some good shots, and had a nice walk on the beach.




























He did enjoy playing in his Play'N'Pack. He can now hold himself up in a standing position. My arm is behind him, but I'm not holding on to him at all.



















Since my car got totaled, it became necessary for us to buy a new one. Well, I wanted some kind of Subaru or Toyota, and was leaning strongly toward another Subaru. We found one we liked in our price range, only it turned out to be another Outback! So we are now a two-Outback family. How weird is that? I like the new car, and we have a great mechanic, so it should run for a long time.




















We are also settling into our duplex. We'll be planting a vegetable garden this week, and our flowers look like they are liking their new, sunnier location. I'm excited to see what the roses do this summer. Our tulips are almost blooming, and the sunny weather is going to help a lot. The possibilities in our front yard are endless. Right now, I'm transplanting some daffodils from the back yard that are growing in the future vegetable garden. They'll get more sun, and be a much better alternative to the weeds that are growing there now.

Here's the front of the duplex. It is two stories, has a fenced back yard, and a garage. It's getting closer to housewarming time!




I think that's about all I got for now. Hope you all are well.


Nate

2 comments:

Charles Bolton said...

Hey!!! It was nice to see you three at church last weekend! Caleb was silly throwing his socks down but I had fun picking them up and giving them back to him. Looks like you had beautiful weather at the coast! Happy late anniversary! Glad that Caleb got to see the big, big, big, big water (ocean).
Sounds like you have plans for a nice garden or two at your new place which I am looking forward to seeing sometime. Happy Easter!!!

Mare said...

Okay, 'Charles' was me, Mary. I forgot that dad was on and so I am now on as myself. Just to let you know that info....:)

Mary