Saturday, June 16, 2007

Andrea and Tiffany's Adventure

According to Nate, once we were married the blog became a shared blog. Hence the (s).... so here goes. Nate works Saturdays, while I work a compressed work week at my "real" job and typically quilt customer quilts on Saturdays. Today I took a break and went kayaking for the first time. I went with my friend Tiffany from work and her parents to Lake River. We put in at Ridgefield and went down to where it meets the Columbia River. Time flew by very quickly while we were on the river and I had a tremendously fun time, despite the rain. I never realized that rain bounces when it hits the water. It's really cool looking, if it hadn't been raining nice fat juicy drops I would have taken my camera out to take a picture... Tiffany kept saying things like we never really get rained on and rarely use the rain skirts. We used the rain skirts the entire day... So, the boats going by put out waves that rock the kayaks. When we got near the Columbia she said that they almost never see the barges go by but that they put out a huge wake. Yes, they do - we saw a huge barge going by. Next there was a sign talking about the Blue Herons but she said that she hadn't seen them there before.















We either saw 5 or we chased the same Heron all the way up the river back to Ridgefield...


1 comment:

♥Carrie~Margaret♥ said...

COOL! looks like a fun time you had with your friend. however, im terrified of those herons because i think they look like those dinosaurs that could fly.. i can't spell what i mean.. terrys lol!
anywho.. im happy your putting posts up too :) hope your having a great marriage life so far & the Lord keeps blessing you two.